This is a blog to display my class reflections, evaluations and other assignments.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reflection: 4/15/11

Reflection
Did I solve any problems today? How? What didn't I understand or find difficult today? What can I do about this?

While we had finalized the music video last class, we still faced some minor pre-export problems. These problems were namely the audio equalization and, though unnecessary and unofficial, video hosting. The first, before we could export it as a finalized edition, had to be solved. The audio of the song greatly overpowered intro and concluding audio as part of clips in those areas. In order to ensure good quality, all audio has to be equalized. The problem was we didn't know how to do it. We explored the program and asked Ms.Wong, who told us about the audio edit area where we minimized the scale of volume which then equalized the audio, after which we exported it. This solving of this problem taught me a new mode of editing and skill in final cut pro. At the same time we wanted to upload it to facebook but the original export was too large. Therefore, I went online and learned of the export options available where I tweaked the quality and size to be lower allowing for internet streaming. While not technically a film skill, I did learn a new skill which could be useful in the future.
How can I further develop the skill I am learning?
As evidenced by today's lesson as well as previous ones, it is obvious my skill in video editing in final cut pro are lacking. There is therefore a need to improve that, especially since I will continue to work in film. In order to that, I must practice with the program to familiarize myself with existing tools which will also consolidate my comfortability with the program. Then, in order to learn new functions, I will have to research them and explore the program, just go random and learn what various things are like so, but if I don't understand it regardless, then I will research it.
Evaluation
What did I really enjoy today? Why?

While this lesson was so much a fulfilling lesson because we finished, I did enjoy the fact that we had finished due to the sense of accomplishment. I also enjoyed the fact that we were the only group to actually finish on the due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment